1. UNLEASH AND ENCOURAGE OUR CREATIVE TALENTS
- Encourage creative thinking to augment and expand rational thinking.
- Recognize that every individual is both being and becoming simultaneously, continually growing and changing.
- Incorporate flexible procedures, rules, and standards, as well as versatile personal roles.
- Base contributions on the unique way each person can make the organization and the world a better place.
2. CONNECT ALL PARTS OF THE SYSTEM TO EACH OTHER
- Integrate the new and the different, embracing the enrichment of diversity.
- Offer individual responsibility and self-fulfillment to all people.
- Base the social systems on the premise that we are interconnected and interdependent.
- Replace conflict and competition with trust and cooperation.
- Unify previously separated activities, roles, and functions.
3. SHIFT THE ANCHOR OF THE PAST TO THE PULL OF THE FUTURE
- Create a shared and compelling vision of an ideal future.
- Make day-to-day decisions based on that vision, not on the past.
- Assure that all people have the opportunity to contribute to the vision.
Through my office window, Minneapolis, MN.
Page 06 in the Kaleidoscope lens on Resilience.
Adapted from Breakpoint and Beyond by George Land and Beth Jarman, 1992.