Our Vision For This Work
- Deepening our capacity for Compassionate Leadership
- Connecting us with Nature, Beauty, and The Miracle of Life
- Courageously Illuminating and Giving Our Gifts to the world
- Healing our suffering with moments of Hope, Inspiration and Respite
- Leveraging Technology to connect at the heart level and to Transcend Geography
About The Bells
My work in the 1970s involved driving between locations within the city. At the time, I didn’t have air-conditioning in my car so, in the heat of the summer, I’d have my windows rolled down. The sounds of traffic on the freeways, especially the 18-wheelers, was almost deafening and quite stressful.
One day I decided to put two small brass bells on my briefcase. They were from a cluster of bells I wore on my backpack while hiking in the Canadian Rockies – to warn the bears. After parking, I’d pull the bells out of my briefcase and let them ring as I walked. Once I got to the building, I’d tuck them back into my briefcase. While it was a small gesture, it was also a helpful and joyful way to harmoniously counterbalance an almost overwhelming dissonance.
The need for counterbalancing energies is always present in our world and, in fact, that need is increasing. Thus, we, you and I, have a splendid opportunity to consciously be the bells that counterbalance the often overwhelming dissonance of our world.
Postscript: I just found this poem that I wrote some years ago. I’d forgotten about it. I was inspired by the powerful work of Joanna Macy.
We Are The Bells
We want to stay in the quiet.
But there are times when
With tears and outrage
There is that which must be said.
It can be spoken or shouted
In many ways.
The world is waiting for us.
We are the bells.
And as we ring
We see how
Our ringing signifies
Potential for Life, Love, Light.
In you. In me. In the world.
Is our strength.
Illuminating Our Uncommon Gifts
As we concentrate on manifesting more love and light, not only do we counterbalance the noise of the world but we also become more able to give our gifts of love and light. The world is in great need of all we have to give. It is time for us to spread our wings in new ways. We invite you to engage with us in more fully illuminating your uncommon gifts.
Most likely, you are already engaged with this vision in myriad ways. To further support you, there are multiple ways you can engage with the Kaleidoscope offerings. A few examples are:
- Customized Services – Such as emotional intelligence and leadership coaching, team development, special events, and graphic design.
- Monthly Kaleidoscope Featured Excerpts – A taste of content from the 22 lenses beginning with Perspective in February 2017, Resilience in March, and Courage in April.
- Kaleidoscope Elements Blog – Entries focus primarily on what’s beneath the surface of the
- A Kaleidoscope of Haiku – A new inspiration photo and seventeen-syllable haiku most days.
Please check out our full list of products and services. We look forward to engaging with you!
Send us your thoughts and feedback. Since much you will encounter here is uplifting creative expression in the form of stories, photos, and poetry, we especially appreciate receiving YOUR creative expressions as well!