With the heavy messages that dominate our news reporting at the moment, it’s important to hear voices
that counterbalance and infuse hope and possibility into this time. Following are two very different voices
culturally and yet they offer us very similar messages: We can turn lead into gold.
~Excerpted From The Human Spirit Is Not Extinguishable By Angela Blanchard, Global Disaster And Recovery Expert
• Allow everything that is not destructive. Especially art, music, and dance. Even in disaster, people need joy.
• Isolation is a breeding ground for rage and despair. We may be physically distant, but we must remain spiritually, emotionally, socially connected.
• At every milestone, there will be gratitude and grief in equal measure. Even as we recover, we will also see what has been lost. Allow gratitude and grief to reside in your heart together.
• Practice loving detachment. We learn not to react to panic and fear, even as we manage our own.
~ Excerpted From A Message Offered By Hopi Chief White Eagle
This moment humanity is experiencing now can be considered a portal or a hole. The decision to fall into the hole or walk through the portal belongs to you. If you consume the information 24 hours a day, with negative energy, constantly nervous, with pessimism, you will fall into this hole. But if you take this opportunity to look at yourself, to rethink life and death, to take care of yourself and others, then you will go through the portal.
Take care of your home, take care of your body. Connect with your spiritual home. When you take care of yourself, you take care of everyone at the same time.
Do not underestimate the spiritual dimension of this crisis. Take the perspective of an eagle who sees everything from above with a wider view. There is a social demand in this crisis, but also a spiritual demand. Both go hand in hand. Without the social dimension, we fall into fanaticism. Without the spiritual dimension, we fall into pessimism and futility.
Learn the resistance of the example of Indian and African peoples: we have been and are still being exterminated. But we never stopped singing, dancing, lighting a fire and having joy. Resistance is resistance through joy! You have every right to be strong and positive. And there’s no other way to do this but to maintain a beautiful, joyful and bright posture. It helps if good things emanate from the Universe now. It is through joy that one resists.
When we walk through the portal, we have a new world view because we faced our fears and hardships.
For now, this is what you can do:
• [Be] serenity in the storm.
• Keep calm and pray daily.
• Make the habit of meeting the sacred every day.
• Show resistance through art, joy, trust and love.